Stamford Endowed Schools dominate, blogs Sophie! Our Equestrian team will represent Lincolnshire in National Championship!

On Sunday a squad of 7 riders from both SS and SHS made the trip up north to Epworth to compete in the County Showjumping qualifiers. Some up to height tracks in tight twisty arenas saw lots of riders come in stuck but everyone at SES rose to the test, rode very well, and in return gained some very good results! The 80/85 team of Henry, Tom Wagstaff and Tasha Williams gained a respectable 3rd place in a big class with no 4th score to drop. The first team to go in the 90/95, the team of Izzy Key, Tash William, James Wagstaff and myself set the pressure on for the rest of the day ending on a perfect team score of 0 to take the win. Tash taking the double win with an individual 1st and myself 4th. A massive well done to Jemima Hitcham and Henry for also jumping lovely clears, unfortunately their team failed to complete due to a tack malfunction! The final team of day in the 100/105 did not disappoint. Izzy, Tash, Jemima and myself picking up another win. Individual rider James also helped us make it a complete top 5 stamford riders in the individual placings. A massive thank you to Jayne for being team manager and sorting all our entry’s out, and a massive well done to all riders! Total Stamford domination qualifying to represent Lincolnshire in all 3 hight classes at the National Championships!

Sophie Golland, Year 13.