The Head Boy, Sam Brunswick, blogs his Spring Term news

Well it has been a while since the last blog and a lot has been going on! We have had a great first term with incredible sporting performances and a great end to the rugby season (some of the boarders I was talking to in St Paul’s were reminiscing over the tries scored by the U-15’s). The carol services at the end of the winter term were astonishing and every single musician involved deserves great praise. In other sports, the hockey teams have had a great start and cricket teams are already beginning training. Squash and badminton have had some good performances and climbing, DofE, CCF (Y10 please polish your boots more!) and debating have all been thriving.

The prefects and I have had a busy time with tours happening left, right and centre and many afterschool and Saturday events, namely the recent entrance exams. The older boys had an incredible house singing and although I am from Ancaster (the mighty Red Army), Exeter produced an incredible set of performances. Charity rock soon followed this event and Mr Brown described it as the best year yet so well done to those who performed/organised such a wonderful event!! The school council has been busy working with hot topics including; key cards, LMS toilets, sport/sport clothing and the Thursday PM programme. For the boarders in Browne, a wonderful Christmas formal made a fitting end to last term! However, as the nights grow longer we have so much to look forward to!

The sixth form have various formals lined up and Y13 have the pleasure of mocks after the half term. Y11 have recently finished their mocks and they deserve plenty of praise for getting through the big week, but, the work isn’t over yet Y11 so briefly recharge and get stuck in to the revision again! We have also had 3 students in the 6th form gain offers from Oxbridge so a well done to them too. Those in Y7-9 have the great house singing coming up and although some may not like the idea of singing, the competition itself is always good. I recently helped with Ancaster who have decided to sing ‘let it go’ from Frozen. Despite my thoughts on the song choice I think it will turn into a solid performance!!

All-in-all, a great few months gentlemen and I thoroughly look forward to what happens in the next few! Be proud of yourselves and the Spede Bird you represent so well.

Sam Brunswick (Head of School)